Thursday, January 31, 2008

Go Tigers!


As an avid Missouri Tiger fan, I want my Tigers to do well all the time, but I am a true fan, meaning I cheer for them all the time, through the good and bad. Once again, something bad happened...off the court. These types of things make me crazy, because I just want the players to care enough about their sport to stay out of trouble. This article from the Columbia Tribune says it all. http://www.showmenews.com/2008/Jan/20080130Spor001.asp

I want to give kudos to Coach Mike Anderson for sticking by his zero tolerance policy and punishing his players that broke the rules. Suspending five players was a big risk, but the Tigers were still in the game and it was yet another they could have won, even using just the seven players that he did. Sorry, Nick Berardini, we really thought you would get to play.

3 comments:

Ben Canlas said...

Great post. Isn't it sad? These kids are making bad choices upon bad choices. I've seen folks criticize Coach Anderson for not "controlling" his players, but how many parents even have that kind of control over their college kids. He was right to suspend them.

I read that article; I thought it was very well written. The kids on the court last night were fun to watch; we haven't seen that kind of hustle in a little while. Sure, we lost, but that's not the point...

Sam said...

Agreed on all accounts. Loved the article and definitely agree with Anderson's decisions. I hope he keeps it up. Thanks for posting!

Anna Casey said...

Nicely said, Leash, I agree.